Who is the sies-m (ismes)?
Sistemas Integrados de Seguridad y Emergencias-Metropolitano (Integrated System of Metropolitan Emergencies and Safety) The SIES-M (ISMES) is a systemic strategy of institutional convergence between security and emergency agencies of the state. It integrates different components such as: Public safety, mobility, disaster prevention and assistance, health and medical emergencies. In this way we work in the fight against crime, supporting justice and enhancing health and emergency services, through the use of technological, administrative, operational and training tools.
- The SIES-M consists of several subsystems and organizations working around the 123-System, as a fundamental part of citizen contact with the local Emergency and Security agencies.
- Technological subsystems: 123, video surveillance, community-based alarms, cooperative networks and CIEPS rooms - Strategic Information Centers of Branch Police.
- The secretariats of the Municipality of Medellín that are part of the system and support the programs of each one of the components are: Safety, Transit, Health, Dagred, Government, Environment, and Social Welfare.
- The institutions that operate the system are: Metropolitan Police of the Valley of Aburrá, the Colombian Army, the Colombian Air Force, the Office of the Prosecutor of Colombia, and Metrosalud.
- The technological and logistical alliance is with ESU.
- Operational programs: The SISC- Sistema de Información de Seguridad y Convivencia, (Information System Security and Coexistence, ISSC), The SIMM - Sistema Inteligente de Movilidad (Intelligent Mobility System, IMS), the SEM- Sistemas de Emergencias Médicas (Emergency Medical Systems, EMS), the CRUE- Centro Regulador de Urgencias y Emergencias (Regulatory Center of Urgent Care and Emergencies, RCUCE), Public Space, Firefighters, 123 Environmental and 123 Social.
- vComplementary technological systems to improve the operation, control and unification of efforts: Security Systems Integration, Streaming Cooperante, CCAV-S - Centro de Control Automático Vehicular (Automatic Vehicle Control Center, AVCC), C4 - (Centro de Control, Comunicaciones y Cómputo / Command Center for Control, Communications and Computing).
Who are involved in the operation of the SIES-M?
SISC- Sistema De Información Para La Seguridad Y Convivencia (Information System Security and Coexistence, ISSC):
- Collection and analysis of exclusive information about security.
- Georeferencing and identification of social risk factors.
- Parameterization of areas and social contexts.
- The SIMM (IMS):
The Sistema Inteligente de Movilidad (Intelligent Mobility System, IMS) consists of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), photo detection, the information panel, fleet control, optimization of traffic lights and the website, which allows you to control the mobility and reduce the risk of accidents. Similarly, it manages the care of the traffic wardens of the city.
- CRUE (RCUCE)
The Centro Regulador de Urgencias y Emergencias (Regulatory Center of Urgent Care and Emergencies, RCUCE) is the modulatory tool to give patient referrals from one level of complexity to another or viceversa.
- SEM (EMS)
The Sistemas de Emergencias Médicas (Emergency Medical Systems, EMS) is made up of several subsystems such as telemedicine, pre-hospital care and home care. Allows the reduction of morbidity and mortality due to traffic accidents, trauma, cerebrovascular accidents and illnesses, providing timely and comprehensive care.
Manages the protection of flora and fauna that are at risk.
- 123 Social
Dedicated to handle cases of domestic violence, sexual violence, physical disability, mental or sensory impairment and older adults who are abandoned, lost, abused and / or in absolute poverty; likewise, it serves people who are displaced, street dwellers, and generally, all people requiring psychosocial support. Meanwhile, the Child and Youth Guideline (106) has the objective to give attention to all those cases which violate the rights of children and adolescents up to 17 years.
- Metropolitan Police of the Aburrá Valley:
Responds to the requests from citizens for security and civil coexistence.
- National Army:
Caters to the work of the Military Police and the actions of defense, security and coexistence that are in the perimeter of the city.
- Air Force:
Supports the actions of the security forces and civil authorities in times of emergencies and security.
It is the service operator of health services and programs of the 123 Social and the CRUE.
Operation of technological systems:
- Subsystem 123: This system works through a specialized software of Security and Emergency Management. The process begins with users reporting through a call, community-based alarms or a cooperative network. They are immediately registered in the receiver modules and are transmitted by a competent entity for each case. At present, At present, this system serves a population of 3.5 million people located throughout the Metropolitan Area of the Aburrá Valley.
- Subsystem of Video Surveillance: It is a technological system that multiplies the eyes and memory of the civil and police authorities. It consists of 383 public safety cameras, which are located strategically and contribute to increased surveillance resources in the city. Through wired and wireless networks, data images are transported to the control board, from where they are operated, managed and cameras do their recording.
- Subsystem of community-based alarms: In conjunction with the Community Police, neighborly networks or Citizen Security Fronts are established. They are made up by the residents in the neighborhoods which have alarm systems installed that are activated with wireless pushbuttons. It has a siren that, when activated, generates a request to SIES-M, where the data of the person who activated the alarm is recorded. It is an additional tool that allows direct access to the police, who validates and performs management clearance to serve the community. The SIES-M has 650 community-based alarms.
- CIEPS Rooms - Centros De Información Estratégica Policía Sectorial: (Strategic Information Centers of Branch Police, SICBP)These are centers that are owned by the National Police, where daily criminal information is planned and analyzed.
- Cooperative Networks: It is a network of citizens who directly communicates via radio with police personnel in the SIES-M.
- Security Systems: It is a system through which public-private partnerships share alarms and surveillance cameras. These are operated by operating protocols that develop operational cooperation between a third-party and the SIES-M, or vice versa.
- Cooperative Streaming: It is a way to share videos with informants who are continually supporting the task of monitoring in the city.
- CCAV-S - Centro de Control Automático Vehicular Satelital (Automatic Vehicle Control Center- Satelite, AVCC-S): It is a command center that manages and controls vehicles. This center establishes strategic locations, resources, allocation times of emergency vehicles, and safety of citizens in order to act efficiently.
- C4- Centro de Comando - Cómputo Y Comunicaciones (Command Center for Control, Communications and Computing): These are the crisis rooms, equipped with technology and communication, which allow management level personnel to interact, analyze and make decisions on how major city events will be handled.